Monday, August 17, 2009

Jacob's Mod Monkey Party...

We celebrated Jacob's birthday last Saturday, and we could not have asked for a more perfect day. The weather was gorgeous and, despite it being a pool party, not many kids went swimming. I'm kind of glad 'cause it would have been crazy. We had our signature taco guy, and the food was good, too bad I didn't get to enjoy it. And the cake was not only cute, but delish. Unfortunately, with all of the running around, I didn't get to enjoy the party at all. But I know Jacob did and that's all that matters. The theme of his party was mod monkey, and I got tons of compliments on the party decor, goody bags, and cake. I had adults asking for goody bags and table centerpieces! A lot of time and thought went into this party and many thanks to my lovely family for helping me through the last couple of weeks. And here are the pix...

Need more party inspiration? Check out my party blog!




The invite I made...








Diggin' into his smash cake...







About to take a whack at the pinata...




Centerpieces...




Decor...






Photo timeline from birth to 1 year...


Only game we had time for, pin the nose on the monkey...


Goody bags included a monkey tote, notepad, pencil, key chain, bubbles, sticky hand, fun straw, banana key ring, banana candy, Laffy Taffy, Skittles, and Starburst...







8 comments:

MrsKBJ said...

Everything is so cute!! Happy 1st Birthday Jacob!!

-kgeilnlgyer on JS ;)

Unknown said...

Very cute party! I love the highchair decorations!

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Jill C. said...

Love your party! Where did you get your template for your invite? And where did you get the banner printed? You did a great job!

Corin said...

Jill C. - I designed the invite myself. I didn't use a template. I knew I wanted dots, pictures, and the monkey on it. The banner above the cake was from Birthday Express, the others I made. HTH!

Leena said...

Hi ..I really liked your theme and all the decoration. I wanted to know where did you got Monkey notepad and monkey games.. I am planning my son 1st birthday in two weeks ...thank so much

Corin said...

Leena - The monkey notepads are from Etsy and the pin-the-nose game I made myself out of construction paper :0)

jess said...

hi corin i'm actually doing my son's 1st birthday party with the same theme and i'm trying to do alot of the decore myself, your party looks so cute!!

Anonymous said...

I love you centerpiece idea! Would you mind sharing the supplies it took to make the centerpiece?