Monday, December 29, 2008

Jacob's 1st Christmas.

We celebrated Christmas and Christmas Eve at my sister's house this year, and well, like every year. I was a little bummed on Christmas Eve because Jess had to work from 6:30pm to 6:30am. But Jacob and I celebrated with my immediate family, and we still had fun. For the first time in years, and I mean years, we opened presents on Christmas Day. As far back as I can remember, we had always opened presents at midnight. It was a nice change, however we didn't open presents until noon. Also, last Christmas we did secret Santa and it took us a good hour, hour and half, to open presents. This year it took us around 3 hours maybe even more. I made out like a bandit this Christmas. We had a $20 limit for each person since no one really needed anything. But my brothers and sister went above and beyond that limit, and I got a ton of stuff I needed (I should say we, as in me and Jess). We got a lot of appliances for our new place, and we're almost all moved in now. We are just waiting on our TV, TV stand, and custom sofa, all of which will be here within the next month.

Jacob, being only 4.5 months, was oblivious to all of the Christmas chaos. But he was a good boy. We can't wait 'til next Christmas when he'll actually be excited to open gifts. Jesse, Jacob, and I have a nice holiday souvenir, too. A family cold. Jess started getting sick around Saturday, and Jacob and I both started on Sunday. Poor Jacob, it's his first cold, and can I just say, he's been a real trooper despite being so congested. And now, a little photo journey of Christmas...

Christmas Eve, just before Jess left for work.


Jacob opening his first present on Christmas Eve (my brothers and sister wanted the bow on him!)


My brother was messing with my camera...


I made a red velvet cake...


It was really sweet...


Finally, opening gifts Christmas Day....

No comments: