Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend.

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I did! It was nice to just relax with family and friends. Our Thanksgiving was spent at my parents' house. We had turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole (which I made), green salad, and rolls. Everything was exceptionally delicious. As a matter of fact, we only had leftovers the next day, and only for lunch. It was still delicious. Dessert included pumpkin pie, and my niece's homemade apple pie. It was all so tasty! The rest of the evening was spent chit-chatting about our lives and looking through Black Friday ads.

Here's my little turkey...


Speaking of Black Friday (BF), Jess and I decided to brave it and go out, and it was such a waste of time. Seriously, Black Friday is just a joke. We got a couple of things but only one of which was actually part of the BF madness. But I have a bone to pick with these stores and all of their LIES! So my sister and I decided to get GPS units. After looking through several ads and price comparing, we decided to go with a Garmin Nuvi from Walmart for $96. So the actual price was $96 + tax + shipping = around $108. Well we had waited up until midnight to buy them on Walmart's website. I also bought a walking toy for Jacob for $10, and I tried to get a 42" TV they were advertising for $600. The TVs sold out in like 1 minute, and the other stuff was fine. Anyway, that Friday night we go to Sam's Club (a Walmart affiliate) and what do we see when we walk in?! The same exact GPS system for $96! The total for that one, $96 + tax = around $103! I know it's only five dollars, but I could have had it in my hands saving sleep, time, and money. Lame.

Another big liar...Linens N Things (LNT)! They're going out of business and now I can see why. Last week my sister and I decided to go shopping and we stopped by LNT since they were advertising 40-60% off store-wide. We were in the store grabbing things off the shelf thinking we were getting awesome deals, but I started noticing that some of the things I was looking at had double price stickers. My first thought was, "Wow the prices are going down so fast they have to re-price them all the time, I bet!" I didn't give it another thought until I picked up an item and I could actually see the price under the top sticker. The top sticker's price read $44.99 and with 20% off that's a great deal, right? Well the price under the top sticker was $34.99!!! They're price gouging! We were so disgusted we just left our basket right there in the middle of the store and left. That's just horrible.

All in all, despite all of that shopping crap. We spent the rest of our weekend getting our new place together and doing some minor remodeling, and just hanging out.

Jacob's doing really well. His nights are not consistent yet. But he only gets up once a night, at most. And we've been getting more sleep than we have, since he's been born. He's started exploring a new toy, the Baby Einstein entertainer. He loves the colors and makes a grab at stuff, but he's still a little too young to really enjoy it to full capacity.



No comments: