Thursday, October 1, 2009

A month of ghosts and ghouls.

I love the month of October. The weather starts cooling down, scary TV shows start popping up, and it means the holiday season is just around the corner. One thing I've always wanted to do is throw a costume party, and one day I will. But I'm excited to spend Jacob's second Halloween actually trick-o-treating. And since it falls on a Saturday, we are going to have a little get together with my little cousins. In preparation for this spooky month, I've done some small projects. I wanted a wreath for our front door and I put one together for only $3! The wreath was $4 - 50%off = $2 and the ghost was $1! I really wanted to do this cool Halloween ribbon wreath I found in another blog, but the ribbon alone would be like $10. My sis recently bought me a Micky-o-lantern and I placed it on our table. It was too short for the table, so I wanted a cake stand. But I didn't want to spend more than $10, so I made one. I bought a plate and a bowl at the dollar store, spray painted them black, and glued them together and *tahdah* a $2 cake stand! The dollar store is awesome for decorations. If I had a bigger house I would have bought up the whole store. I found a ton of stuff that I would have loved to use, but with a toddler running around and grabbing everything, it's not gonna happen. Anywho, here they are...





And just because...






1 comment:

MrsKBJ said...

That was a great idea to make a cake stand! It looks great!