Tuesday, November 29, 2011

{DIY} Easy Advent Calendar

This is super duper easy! I really wanted to do an advent calendar this year since Jacob is now aware of Christmas and Santa. I actually wanted a nice advent calendar made of felt or fabric, and I'd found a few, but I didn't have the time to make one. So, I made the next best thing. I found my lovely little advent calendar idea on Pinterest! Are you surprised? However, the blog I found them on had the directions for the calendar in Italian, so I just used her pictures to get an idea. For my calendar, I found a Santa face that I liked (Googled it) and I manipulated it in PSE 9. I enlarged Santa to the size I wanted, and I removed his existing beard. I then made my own U shaped beard and added in the numbers. Now, everyday, starting with December 1st, I'll cut off each corresponding number. And when Santa has no beard left it'll be Christmas!




 

No comments: