Thursday, April 26, 2012

{BOOKS} Catching Fire & Mockingjay

I finally finished the last two books in the Hunger Games series, and I was mildly disappointed with the ending. Don't get me wrong, they were a good read, but they will surely translate better as movies than books. The series is not my kind of thing in the first place. I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi stuff, but when the comparisons were made to Twilight and the movie coming out I wanted to read them. I think I expected a glorious, and all consuming love story, and that was not the case at all. Actually, it was sooo hard for me to get through the books. I can usually read a book within a 24 hour period, and it took me a good 2 days to finish the last book. It was just not keeping me in, but I made myself finish, and I wanted to know the ending! Ha! So, while I didn't enjoy the books, I think I'll enjoy the movie remakes far more. And now, I'm onto book two from the Shades of Grey series, Fifty Shades Darker. We'll see how that goes!






No comments: