Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Spring Break

Happy Easter! I know I'm late but I took a little spring break the last few weeks. Our Easter was nice and quiet. We enjoyed burgers on the grill, and the kids had a ball looking for eggs and playing with all the toys and trinkets they got in their baskets. And this year I made a sunflower peep cake along with my now famous jalapeño poppers. I have a separate post for those bad boys. The weather was also nice and warm, so my sis heated up the pool and the kids went swimming for a bit. We haven't had such a nice Easter in a few years. It was a great day!

Last week my sister was off and so were her kids so we went to Disneyland one day, and did a few other small things during the week. We went to a local ice cream parlor called Farrell's. It has had a huge line ever since it opened back in December. So we waited, and it was a good time to go. We waited 1 hour during lunch. The time actually went by really fast and the kids did really well. But they were getting grumpy and hungry. When they seated us the kids were so unaware of what was going on, especially the drum banging and loud singing. Jacob took awhile to warm up but Bella loved it! She was clapping and dancing. Hilarious! The food was good, I had he buffalo chicken sandwich, and we shared an Oreo sundae. Everything was sooo yum! I would definitely go back again but not anytime soon. That's pretty much it. We had a good time even though we did have a little rain out towards the end.







No comments: