Monday, September 2, 2013

Jacob's in kindergarten & the 1st day of school!

Ack! Where did the time go? I know people said they would grow fast, but I was hoping it wasn't true. The last couple of weeks have been crazy. We had kinder orientation where we met Jacob's teacher, and I found out that there were 29 kids in his class! Crazy! Hopefully that ratio will get lowered. Jacob at least knew one of the kids in his class from his t-ball days last spring. Jacob started school 2 weeks early on August 19th. The school year has changed! No more starting the day after Labor Day. Boo! Our summer was short, but we had fun.

Jacob's now been in school two weeks, and he's getting used to his new schedule. So am I. He only goes half days, and I'm okay with that. I am not okay with the fact that I don't get to spend everyday with him. I had spent everyday with him for the last 5 years. I was lucky enough to work at his preschool and be a stay-at-home mom. On his first day of school and the week leading up to it, I was emotional. It still makes me sad when I think about it. I'm not there to watch over him. I linger everyday as he walks into school to make sure, as much as I can, that he's okay. Although, I heard he got a little lost on the first day of school accidently going to the wrong class. If I was there, that wouldn't have happened, but he must learn. He must become independent. My big boy I love so much. It's time to let him fly.

Isabella also started preschool in my class this year. It's going to be nice and special to have her in my class. I think it's a unique opportunity. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure we're going to have a few challenges. She's a feisty one and somewhat stubborn, but hopefully her seeing the way the other kids act and react will guide her own actions. So far so good. But it's only been a few weeks. I will update at the end of the year. Let's see what this new school year brings!







No comments: