Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Weekend update...

Okay, it's not exactly Monday, but it's pretty close. My Friday ended up being pretty boring, however I forgot to mention our city's annual Corn Festival! It's a celebration of tasty corn and other carnival foods that takes place the first weekend of August. And I did indulge a bit. The CF started Friday night at 6p, and me and Jess headed down to grab some grub. I got a chili cheese dog, fries and a funnel cake. The food was okay, but the funnel cake was awesome. I was very excited about it since I only get it once a year.



Saturday was much busier. My niece, who is in tall flags, had her first performance in the Corn Festival parade. The parade was the first thing we did, and it was hot! Oy, luckily I had my water, sunscreen, umbrella, and chair. But I did get some what of a burn. Anywho, it kinda sucked since we didn't get to see my niece actually perform since the girls would rotate while preforming, and well, she happened to be carrying the banner when she got to us. Here are some pics of the parade (BTW, I hate my camera! Please excuse the poor quality):

The beginning...


Our Mayor, a woman...


My niece, all the way on the left end...


Saturday afternoon, after the parade festivities, we had a birthday party for my little cousin Jaden. They did a pirate theme, and I would have taken pictures, but I hate my camera, and it was hot, and I just was not in the mood to deal. But now, looking back, I should have taken pictures. They did an awesome job decorating. They built a pirate ship on their lawn with other cool smoking skeletons and cannons. They also had a Jack Sparrow impersonator. That was the funniest thing. All of the adults kept saying he seemed drunk and acting a little...flamboyant. Obviously they haven't seen any of the pirate movies. The cake was awesome, too. Very cute. Sorry no pics!

Saturday night, we had a luau for Jess' aunt. Every year they do it, and it was really nice. My brother-in-law is the best cook ever. He made the food and it was delicious. We could not get over it. I would describe it, but I don't know exactly what it was that I was eating, but it was yummy. Desert was good, too. A table filled with cakes, and cookies, oh yeah, and an open bar. I was sad about that. Whew, I think that's it for Saturday!

Sunday, was low key. We went swimming at my sister's, and hit up the CF for food. We also had some family come over. It was a great way to end the weekend!

On the baby front, no news. Just waiting for the time to come, or my doctor's visit on Thursday, whichever comes first.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I hope Baby J comes soon!!!!!