Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Affordable Art

So it's no secret that I'm a SAHM on a tight budget, but I'm still trying to decorate our little place without blowing hundreds of dollars. So I got creative, and with a little help from bloggers, I made my own art for a few mere pennies dollars. For the longest time, like years, I've wanted to do a wall of crosses of varying sizes. Of course I wanted them to be wrought iron, and I didn't want to spend over $100 doing it. So I found the next best thing, or the next okay thing, at the 99 Cent Store. A few months ago, while buying party supplies, I found plaster crosses that I scooped up and hid in my closet until I had some free time. Well the time came and I had a chance to do them up. They were originally painted a burgundy color with gold and silver accents, so I took a can of black spray paint to them and highlighted them with some ice blue paint. I think they look okay, not exactly what I had once envisioned but they'll do for now. They cost me a whopping $4, I already had the paint supplies. I also needed art for our second bathroom, but I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do in there, so I made some art. I used 3 frames from the dollar store, 1 sheet of scrapbook paper, and 3 die cut birds for a total of $7 for the whole project. I think the title of this post should be cheap art!



Before...


After...


Bathroom art...


1 comment:

MrsKBJ said...

Very pretty! I love putting scrapbook paper in frames. So pretty and not expensive!!