Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend '09

What a weekend! So I had a 4 day weekend and it was great, and packed! Friday Jess, Jacob, and I went shopping. I picked up Jacob's costume. Yup, I'll let you know what he's going to be around Halloween. And I picked up some clothes for myself. Old Navy was having an awesome sale. $5 graphic tees and a ton of stuff on clearance. I bought Jacob's costume and NINE shirts for $60. To me, that's a deal! After putting Jess through that, I let him pick our dinner destination and we headed to Chili's. Okay, okay, I love Chili's too. We hung out the rest of the night.

Saturday was spent shopping with my sis, her family, and my brother. We headed to the Mattel and Disney outlets. I picked up a couple of shirts for Jess at Disney, and a Halloween decoration, but that's about it. This outlet was filled with clothes and Jacob doesn't need any clothes. Seriously, I don't know how I'm going to put on all the clothes he got for his birthday. A lot of summer stuff with a few winter pieces. Anywho, then we went to Mattel, and let me tell you, I wanted to put everything in my basket for Jacob, but my sis didn't let me. Honestly, the deals weren't great at all. I saw a toy that I had bought for him for $25 at Target and was priced at $45 at the outlet. That's only like $5 below retail! But of course, I found some stuff I had to have, mostly Sesame Street toys. I have a few that he can have now, but the plan was to buy some for X-mas. Yes, I'm already X-mas shopping. Ugh. Gives me chills thinking about X-mas shopping. Yuck. After our strenuous shopping trip we headed off to our favorite tepan place and it was so goooood. Yum!

SUNDAY! Sunday. Sunday, was spent at my sister's with the usual BBQ with family. There was lots of eating, drinking, swimming, and pokering. Okay, I made that last word up, but there was poker. Towards the end of the night it was getting pretty funny with the drinking. We sort of had an impromptu name-that-tune game going, and people dancing, while drunk. And some looked like they were drunk because of the way they were dancing. It was a blast!

Monday, we went to Griffith Park. It was my little cousin's birthday and to celebrate my sis wanted to spend the day with him, so Jacob and I tagged along for the ride. It was a decent day. The local fires weren't too bad, and the weather wasn't blistering. And we had a lot of fun! We first went on the train, Jacob's first ride, and I swear he almost fell asleep on it. He was just sitting so still and taking everything in. No emotion. After the train ride we headed to the Merry Go 'Round. Despite being a holiday, everything was fairly empty. We picked our horses on the MGR, and Jacob loved it! He was galloping with the horse. It was funny. But again, taking everything in. After that, we stopped for some popcorn and cotton candy. Jacob's first try at cotton candy (no popcorn). He just looked at it and was trying to figure it out. I think he was like, "Should I be putting this thing in my mouth," but after that first bite, he was sold and gobbled it up. Now it was off to Travel Town, the local train museum. We walked around, took a few pictures, then we left. Jacob was getting tired. He'd skipped his first nap, and we were getting hungry.

Despite it being a jam packed weekend, we had a blast! It was very cool to experience everything through the kids again.

Getting ready to go swimming...And play Uno...


Our train...


Our conductor...


Enjoying the wind blowing through his hair...


Jas bought Jacob a pinwheel...


Waiting for the Merry Go 'Round to go...




Adventures in cotton candy...






Planes, trains, and automobiles...oh wait, no planes...






The kids. My nephew, my little cosuin, my niece, and Jacob...


Oh, and this lady was carving something out of wood!


And it's my 100th post! It only took a little over a year. Woo hoo!

1 comment:

MrsKBJ said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I want to check out old navy too, I have a $10 off $50 coupon :O) Congrats on your 100th post!!