Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Ultrasound Update

Last week I had a growth ultrasound to check baby girl's weight. So far, she's right on target. She was weighing in at 3 pounds when I was just a few days over 28 weeks. The doctor said that was great, and as we finished up our appointment, the doctor started to discuss Jacob. He had come along for the appointment. She asked how I delivered him, and I told her a planned c-section. The c-section was planned because my last OB thought he was too big and I was narrow. However, I told her in the end I had high blood pressure that ultimately led to a c-section. Immediately, the doctor wanted to know where this OB was from, and if it was from my current hospital, I told her he was not. She explained to me that the reasons given for the c/s were not valid. She then asked if I wanted to try for a VBAC (vaginal birth after c/s), I told her, yes, please! She said there is a chance for a VBAC, however there are a few factors we have to keep in mind, I may have high BP towards the end, and the baby may be big due to GD. However, the doctor said that a few weeks before baby girl is due, she will do another growth u/s to assess the possibility of a VBAC. I am really hoping and praying that I can have a VBAC, ultimately it depends on baby girl, and how she and I are doing. Her health and my health are way more important. But, I'm trying to keep my mind off of it since I have a few months to go. Other than that, baby girl was pretty big so the doctor and the u/s tech couldn't get a good picture of her like they had months before. And we're finally getting our 3D u/s done, hopefully soon, but in a few weeks for sure!

For now, here's a pic from the U/S:


No comments: