Thursday, October 27, 2011

My Current Project

So, for the last couple of years, DIY play kitchens have become quite huge. And my first glimpse of them was through Pinterest. I saw one that was made out of an old entertainment center, and I wanted to jump on Craigslist and buy up the very first one I saw, until my sister woke me up. She made me realize that I'd have no room for an entertainment center in my little house. Ugh. She was right. My dreams were dashed, for a few minutes until I saw that they use nightstands too! Hello! I could totally do a nightstand. That would definitely fit in our house. So, I began my search for the perfect nightstand. I would search Craigslist once a week. My goal was to find a nightstand that was cheap, in good condition, a decent size, and close by. It took a good month for me to find the right one. My area is overpriced ( Hello, OC!) so I looked in neighboring counties. I found one that met all my criteria except one, it wasn't close by. But my brother lived in the area, and on a visit to his house, I snatched it up. It's currently sitting outside waiting for me to get started on it. I need to gather all my supplies first, and a game plan. I've decided on a color scheme already, but we'll see if it changes when I get to painting it. But, I'm super excited to start tackling it. My goal is to finish it before Christmas since this will be the kids' gift. I think 2 months is fair, since this is my first major project. Wish me luck! Maybe I'll post progress reports, or maybe just before and after shots. Ahhh, we'll see!



1 comment:

MrsKBJ said...

I can't wait to see what you do! I have 2 pieces in the garage I need to paint.