Thursday, June 3, 2010

32 Weeks: Dr Update & Belly

Just under 2 months, or less, before she's here! Ack! I can't believe it. I have so much to do still. I need to clean up her and Jacob's closet, separate Jacob's neutral clothes, buy those last minute random things, and get the rest of her part of the room ready. Eek.

I had my 32 week appointment with my OB, and things have changed within the last week/month. It's official - I am on bedtime insulin. That means every night, before I go to bed, I have to give myself a shot with 2 units of insulin. It's really not that bad. The finger pricks hurt more, and I have to do those 4 x a day. And my blood pressure has gone up a bit. One of my biggest fears. Not crazy high but I will be monitored. And because I'm on insulin, the baby will be monitored with twice weekly Non-stress Tests, NSTs. Yup, I did these with Jacob and now with Isabella. We'll be hooked up to a machine to check her heart rate and movement, and my contractions. And I'll be hooked up to the BP machine. We'll also get another growth U/S to see how she's growing. It's appointment craziness. And if that weren't enough, I've started to swell. I suppose with the heat over the weekend, and being up and around all day everyday, and not pushing the liquids, I had cankles. Oh, and I have carpel tunnel. Yeah, luckily I got control of that one 'cause then I wouldn't get sleep either. But the swelling has gone back down. I just have to stay off my feet and drink more water. Honestly, I'm glad it's not anything more serious. Despite having GD and doing the insulin and NSTs, I'm very lucky, and I know I could have it much worse. So far, Isabella looks healthy, and that's my ultimate goal.

32 week belly


No comments: