Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Tasty Homemade Drink

Summer has officially arrived in southern California! Unfortunately, we're in autumn now. We've had temps up in the 110° range! It's crazy and *HOT*! One day would be dry and hot, and the next, muggy and humid. Yuck. Things are supposed to cool off soon, and I can't wait. I love it when temps are in the 70s to low 80s. Well, with the temps being what they were, I still needed my coffee. I think I may be addicted. Uh-Oh. I've been trying to limit myself to no more than 3-4 cups a week. Anywho, with it being so hot, I could not drink hot coffee, so I decided to try a cold frappe. I LOVE these things. Yum. My favorite, at the moment, is from Starbucks. It's called a Toffee Mocha Frappuccino. I also love the ones from McDonald's. Mmm, mmm. So I needed to make something similar, and I found a bunch of recipes on the web. I decided to make a caramel frappe, and it was mighty tasty. Pretty close to the original, but definitely not the same. And budget friendly. I used the following recipe I found here...

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup cold coffee (I used hazelnut)
  • 3 tbsp sugar (granulated)
  • 1/2 cup milk (2%)
  • 3 tbsp flavored sundae syrup (I used caramel, but you can use anyone you'd like)
  • 2 cups of ice ( I used 1.5)
  • whipped cream for garnish (didn't have any)
  • syrup for garnish
Combine all of the above ingredients, except for whipped cream, in a blender. Blend, and serve with whipped topping and flavored syrup.

I served my iced frappe up in my Magic Bullet cup. Yeah, I don't cook so no need for a real blender. My Magic Bullet is perfect!





No comments: