Thursday, July 7, 2011

4th of July Weekend Recap!

I hope everyone had a fun, yet relaxing, 4th of July weekend! Our was quite eventful, but fun. Friday we went to Disneyland! It was Isabella's first trip and it was Jacob's, I think, third trip. I hope to make it a yearly tradition. But, more on that later. Our Saturday was spent recuperating, and Sunday we had an early morning. We took Isabella's one year pictures. I know it's a little early, but I wanted some photos for her birthday. Sunday evening we went to my brother's house for a night filled with food and fireworks. The food was delicious! We had grilled corn, chicken, carne asada, macaroni salad, mmmm guacamole. It was sooo good. After dinner, we chit chatted until the sun went down enough to start the fireworks. I haven't done fireworks, at home, in 15 years! It was fun, but it also made me nervous. I'm a worry wart.

And Monday, the 4th, we had a BBQ and swimming. It was Isabella's first weekend of swimming. She loved the pool. She would sit in her floaty and kick, kick, kick! Jacob of course never wants to get out of the pool. After swimming for a little bit, we then headed to the local firework show. I had my annual funnel cake. The fireworks were amazing, and I learned that Jacob LOVES fireworks, Bella does not. She slept through them. But it was also passed her bedtime. So, despite it being a looong weekend, we had a blast!











No comments: