Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Peanut Butter & Dark Chocolate Cupcakes

Over the weekend we celebrated my brother's birthday, and I was in charge of the cake. Or at least, I put myself in charge of the cake. We always do the usual yellow cake with chocolate frosting or chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. It gets boring. I wanted to try something different so I thought peanut butter cup. To make my cupcakes, I used a dark chocolate boxed cake mix, and I doctored it up a little bit. I used milk in place of the water and I used 4 eggs instead of the 3 called for on the box. It didn't work out. The cake was dense and not moist at all. I don't know if I'd try that again. But the frosting was sooo good. I used the Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting recipe from Allrecipes.com. It was not too sweet and not too peanut buttery. It was perfect. The cupcakes came out tasty. But, apparently, they were rich. I guess we're just used to the same ol' thing. Would I make them again? Probably not. But only because I'd like to try something new and different. But again, they were yummy, especially if you really love the chocolate peanut butter combo. Mmm, Reese's!




No comments: