Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sleep Training

For the last week, I've been trying to sleep-train Jacob. Actually, the term sleep-train is rather weird, I prefer the phrase, change up his routine. Anyway, everyday and every night, Jess and I would rock him to sleep for the last 18 months (I know, I know, what were we thinking!). I would put him to sleep for his nap time and Jess for his bedtime. Well, now that he's getting older, and my tummy is getting bigger, the time had come to get him to fall asleep on his own. Last week, I started it with his nap time, and that first day was a little rough. Definitely not as bad as I thought, but he still cried. As the days went by, he would cry and whine less and less, and by Friday night he was saying bye when we left the room and giving kisses. Yes, he's finally, sleep-trained. I do have to say, one of the reasons we did rock him to sleep so long is because it was a moment of peace and quiet we were able to spend with our rambunctious child. A sweet moment we shared, quietly together. I can tell Jess was, and still is, having a hard time with it. He would watch the monitor to see if anything was wrong, but he's kind of getting used to it. Gosh, I hope other things go this easy, like potty training and sleeping in a big boy bed. Oy, we'll see.

He loves his lovie's tail...


His lovie...






No comments: