Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring has sprung!

Today is officially the first day of spring! The weather has been very spring like, actually almost summer like, here in So Cal. Last week we reached highs in the upper 80s, but the last few days we've seen nice temps in the upper 70s. It's beautiful. Anywho, now with spring here, I decided to decorate a little, and bust out my new toy. I made my first project, a spring banner. I used scrapbook paper, glitter, glue, and crepe paper. The crepe paper idea came from Holly over at Life in the Fun Lane. I love the way the banner came out, and the crepe paper added that something extra. Not bad for my first project. I also filled my apothecary jar with eggs and grass from last Easter. And, contrary to popular belief, I bought my wreath. Nope, I didn't make it. I could have, easily. However, it wouldn't have been cost effective. Tools and supplies would have totaled the price I paid for the wreath - $12 at Big Lots. Now I'm trying to think of things I can do for summer. Maybe a banner that says summer?!









No comments: