Friday, November 19, 2010

Long Week

It's been one of those weeks. Isabella is going to be 4 months soon and apparently has entered into a sleep regression phase. This means momma has not slept well and has been working long 24 hour periods. Boo. But we'll get back on track. And if that wasn't enough, I lost my "job." I say "job" because I haven't really worked in about 6 months. I knew it was inevitable, but if I knew a year ago what I know now...I would have waited on some BIG things. For example, while I desperately need a vacation, we are in NO WAY capable of affording a vacation, especially the vacation we're taking. On a whim, when I HAD a "job" and we didn't have a fourth family member just yet, I agreed to go on a vacation next year. Now, that vacation has turned into more of a stress than something I look forward to. Since I have NO expendable income whatsoever, I think of all the things we need and can buy with the money we'd be using for the trip. But it's too late, we've already placed a deposit, and throwing that money away would hurt...a lot. Despite all of this, I know the kids Jacob is going to L-O-V-E it! More on that later.

While I'm a little down at the moment, I still try to think of the positive. Like my babies. They drive me nuts, but the moment they smile, laugh, or giggle they melt my gloom away. And as Thanksgiving gets closer, I think of the things I'm thankful for like a roof over our head, food on the table, health, and love. I can only hope that things get better, but deep down, I know things will only get worse before they get better. Here's to more positive thinking...the glass is half full...the glass is half full...the glass is half full...

My joy & happiness...



No comments: