Thursday, January 6, 2011

{DIY} Christmas Gifts - Treats!


My last and final gift was a bucket of goodies! I scoured the Internet for easy, tasty treats. Well, except for the fudge, I found that recipe while watching my new favorite channel - the Cooking channel.

The first thing I made was fudge. I love fudge. And this recipe, by Nigella Lawson, is seriously the best, and it's sooo easy. It's ridiculous! I'm giving a link to the actual recipe, but I have to warn you that it's WRONG, and well, the one I made was way better!

Here's my variation on FUDGE!

Ingredients:
12 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14-ounce) can condensed milk
2 tbsp butter
Pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup of walnuts, or any nut you like.

Melt the chocolate chips, condensed milk, butter, salt, and vanilla extract in a pan over low heat.

Put the nuts into a freezer bag and crush until broken into small pieces. Or you can do what I did, and just chop them up with a knife.

Add nuts to the chocolate mixture and stir well to mix.

Line a 9-inch square dish/pan with foil, and spray with a light coating of vegetable spray.

Pour chocolate mixture into dish and smooth the top.

Let the fudge cool, and then place in fridge util set.

Cut 8 by 8 lines to get around 64 perfect tiny bite sized pieces.

This should be kept refrigerated for quality and taste purposes.



This next recipe is so yummy too! It's for a peanut butter cookie by Betty Crocker and it's called the New-Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies. I knew I wanted to do a peanut butter cookie, but I wanted a chewy peanut butter cookie. All the ones I've tried,or made, were always hard and crispy. This one is not! It's chewy and moist, and it uses box cake mix. I followed the recipe almost exactly except I used chunky peanut butter. What can I say, I like nuts! Give these a try! They're so easy!



Finally, I made some Mini Chip Snowball Cookies from Nestle. These were okay. Not very sweet, but a close relative to the Mexican wedding cookie, which I love. And I should've just made them. But anywho, these were a pick because the recipe made a lot of little cookies. I used the recipe almost exactly except I didn't have mini chips, so I chopped my regular size chips with a knife. And I also added some chopped red and green M & Ms.




No comments: